Monday, August 1, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Extending Interface of Dynamically Loaded Dex File

> However, if you simply modify foo (backwards compatible-changes only), then
> there's no need for a new Dex entry. If you need a non-backwards compatible
> change, or if you add new interfaces, you're going to need a different
> Implementation.jar chosen automatically (either at build-time or run-time.)

That's a good point. I think that approach would work for any
interface extensions that don't involve adding new objects to the
interface (if I wanted to expose a whole new type in my interface).
Also, I'm not sure what would happen if a newer client got an older
plugin that didn't implement the new methods. If I had a Foo2, newer
clients could always query the implementation using instanceof to see
if it supports the new functionality, but I don't know how that would
work if I just added to Foo. But, I'm not sure that's a case I would
need to support anyways...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment