Saturday, August 27, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Terminating apps

> > I am wondering if it is possible to exit the activity but
> > subsequently
> > ask Android to terminate it immediately ...
>
> If by "it", you mean "the process", please do not do this. Please let
> Android terminate it when it is ready to. Whatever problem you are
> trying to solve can be solved better some other way.

I know I know - and thus the questions. I don't feel it's the right
thing
to do by doing so and I am trying to find a way around it.

>
> > On a different note - how far back do your books go? Did you cover
> > 1.6 and 2.1?
>
> Yes. 1.5, even. Mostly, I cover "Android" and try to point out when
> various new-ish features were added to the OS.

Good! That's a good approach. I like to study the OS but through its
transitions and the lessons learned. I will check them out.

Ack on the rest - good info. Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment