Saturday, September 17, 2011

[android-developers] picking a sound file


Hello,

I am trying to pick a sound file from the emulator.
I have tried the following code:

        Intent intent = new Intent();
        intent.setAction(android.content.Intent.ACTION_PICK);
        //intent.setData(MediaStore.Audio.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI);
        intent.setData(MediaStore.Audio.Media.INTERNAL_CONTENT_URI);
        startActivity(intent);

However I can only see two files, called camera shutter and video record.
I was expecting some ringtones. I would like the user to see a list of files
and play them if necessary and then pick one.

In case this is the right method how do I load mp3s and wavs onto the
emulator. Also, I guess sound does not work on the emulator. What is
the difference between EXTERNAL and INTERNAL content URI?

Thank you for your help,

John Goche

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment