Saturday, September 17, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Ridiculous Publisher Stats - Anyone had enough???


It is important to me to have a finger on the pulse of my app so I can
see if my upgrades and marketing efforts have any effect...


Use Flurry or develop your own statistics. I do. They are wildly different than the numbers Google publishes, but I believe them.,
 
My paid app just did another amazing stupid stat update.  It has 119
"Total Installs", and 173 "Active Installs".  The active install
number jumped 20 yesterday, with no apparent increase in sales...
active installs has randomly jumped up big numbers in the past...  So
am I actually making sales that Google is hiding from me (and keeping

Have you considered piracy? They would be an install without being a download. Very possible.
 
Just forget about it. The issues with the market statistics have been long and varied. If you want them for anything more than entertainment value, then you need to get your statistics another way.

-John Coryat

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment