Saturday, November 26, 2011

[android-developers] Details on the "load apk and start the app" process?

I am trying to follow the process by which the system takes an apk and
fires up the associated app. Specifically, I'm trying to find the
framework code where it reads the app manifest and acts on the
user-requested permissions and "instrumentation" tag (if it is there).
I've can't seem to find the stuff that does this, and am hoping it's
right in front of my face somewhere on the web.

I've watched logcat to see what seems to happen when an apk is
installed from eclipse, and I see a PackageIntentReceiver do some
stuff (this is a private class in
com.android.settings.applications.ApplicationsState). But the trail
gets cold for me in ApplicationsState.addPackage. That might not even
be the class that is doing the work I am interested in.

tia

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment