Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[android-developers] Re: 1024x1024 texture drops framerate dramatically

It's only 3 years old, but I suppose that anything older than 6 months
in the smartphone industry is considered to be "ancient hardware".
Anyway, I don't use it as a phone; I use it as a development tool.

On Nov 14, 8:15 pm, niko20 <nikolatesl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wow, a G1? You my friend have a piece of ancient hardware.
>
> On Nov 14, 4:09 pm, Jonathan <jlani...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > When I use a1024x1024texture atlas, my framerate is miserable (less
> > than 10fps rendering a few simple sprites). If I use a 512x512 texture
> > atlas instead, my framerate is normal. I am testing on a G1. Has
> > anyone had similar experiences? I thought a G1 should be able to
> > handle1024x1024. Is there something else that I could be doing wrong?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment