Wednesday, November 16, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Capture Video + Circular Buffer for Video on Android

gstreamer --- but it very much is a work in progress

On Nov 15, 7:20 pm, Joseph Irvine <jos...@irvinemail.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build an application that would run on an Android set-
> top box (not mobile device). The set-top box will have analog video
> inputs.
>
> I would like to capture the incoming video within Android.
>
> Once I capture video, I am looking to see if there are any good SDKs
> that provide circular buffers for video. I am space constrained and
> would like to be able to capture video and have it set to recycle on
> itself after a set period of time.
>
> For instance, if I determine that I want a 30 minute circular buffer,
> it would be nice if the 31st minute of captured video began
> overwriting minute number 1. During playback, I would like the 30
> minutes to appear seamless even across the circle back to the
> beginning.
>
> What is the best way to capture video in Android and process it
> through a circular buffer? I fear that Android, being designed
> predominately for mobile devices, may make this tricky for me. Is
> there a convenient way to do this with MediaRecorder?
>
> While this isn't actually my application, it is similar enough that it
> will suffice for example: Say I want to hook a video camera to the
> analog inputs (although I recognize digital would be better for this
> scenario). I want it to only record the last 30 minutes worth of
> activity, so that at any point I can review the last 30 minutes of
> what has transpired, and it will always be the most recent.
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph Irvine

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment