Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Android.How play video in OpenGL.

On Feb 20, 2012, at 4:41 PM, AdroidDev wrote:
> SurfaceTexture has method updateTexImage()? How correct use this
> method?

I have no experience in SurfaceTexture but I would expect workflow goes roughly as;

1. Implement SurfaceTexture.onFrameAvailable(..).
2. Once new frame is available trigger a runnable to be ran on render thread (GLSurfaceView.queueEvent(..)).
3. On render thread runnable call SurfaceTexture.updateTexImage().

This way you should be able to update texture in a way it shouldn't harm rendering - meaning texture is not altered during rendering. But as said, I haven't tried this myself yet, will try something like this as soon as I get my hands on a device running on API 14+ though.

--
H

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment