Tuesday, August 21, 2012

[android-developers] Issue with the basic if statement

Hi guys , I am new to android development 

for sometime I have try to resolve  the if statement issue within my code but can't seem to understand why it does not work

here is my code that I was learning from online tutorial 

<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"

    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"

    android:layout_width="match_parent"

    android:layout_height="match_parent" >


    <TextView

        android:id="@+id/textView1"

        android:layout_width="wrap_content"

        android:layout_height="wrap_content"

        android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"

        android:layout_centerVertical="true"

        android:padding="@dimen/padding_medium"

        android:text="@string/hello_world"

        tools:context=".MainActivity" />


    <Button

        android:id="@+id/button1"

        android:layout_width="wrap_content"

        android:layout_height="wrap_content"

        android:layout_below="@+id/textView1"

        android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"

        android:layout_marginTop="59dp"

        android:text="Edit me"  // on this line I name the button Edit Me

        if(android.text="Hussian Waheed") android.text="Change Me"; // on this line I am trying to say if the button is "Edit Me" then change this to "Change Me" 


all I get is a error stating my if statment requires a equal , I just don't understand it. really would like someone to give me a better example of how to change a button name to different button name. 


thanks


        

      

       />

    



</RelativeLayout>


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment