Monday, August 6, 2012

[android-developers] Need help on sending events (Motion event, Key event and etc) from a service to system (android 4.0)

Hi,

I am working on an external HID device for android 4.0 devices. The device will have a touchpad and hardware buttons to replicate the touch screen and android buttons(Home, back and menu). To make this device work with any android 4.0 device, I do not want to modify the build or root the device. All I can do is, I can write an app (service) which can interact with this device through USB (using accessory mode v 1.0). So, from that app, I want to create the necessary events based on the message from USB. This can be very easy in android 4.1 with accessory mode 2.0. But, I need this for 4.0. Please help me on this. Thanks in advance.

…Prabudas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment