Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Backup and Restore service not working

Any issues? I have the same Problem :(

On Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:24:56 PM UTC+1, Raj wrote:
Hi Again,

I am still trying to get the solution.

I changed the transport through "$adb shell bmgr transport" to google
backup transport.

When I do back up of my data on google server "$adb shell bmgr run",
it throws error:

===
W/BackupTransportService(  241): Not ready for backup request right
now: [OperationScheduler: enabledState=false
moratoriumSet=2011-03-01/10:47:06 moratorium=1970-01-01/05:30:00
trigger=1970-01-01/05:30:00]
E/PerformBackupThread(  241): Transport error in initializeDevice()
W/PerformBackupThread(  241): Backup pass unsuccessful, restaging
===

What does the error mean ?

FYI - It works fine when I change the transport to local, but I don't
want to store my data locally.

Please help !!!


On Feb 24, 8:26 pm, Raj <raaju.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some more findings which suggest the default backup and restore
> service does not work as expected or atleast for me !!!
>
> My requirement is to store my application data on google cloud server.
> After doing a backup when I uninstall the app, delete the DB, restart
> the phone and try to do a restore operation after installing the app,
> it fails. It never works :(
>
> As I have already mentioned I have enabled the bmgr service.
> Registered for B&R service as well as placed the generated key in
> manifest file.
>
> Seems the data is getting stored in some temp file that gets deleted
> on restart/reboot/reset and never sent to the server.
>
> Is it a known issue or I am doing something wrong?
>
> Anyone please ...
>
> - Thanks.
>
> On Feb 22, 5:58 pm, Raj <raaju.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > I am trying out the back up and restore service of Android
> > Am able to successfully do back up of data and also restore when I
> > uninstall and then install the application (using bmgr tool).
>
> > But when I reflash and try restoring, I am getting error: "Unable to
> > restore package". I am using the sample application provided by
> > google.
>
> > I have:
>
> > a) Registered for B&R service and placed the key in manifest file.
> > b) Enabled backup and restore option.
> > c) Connected to gmail (is it needed or just network connectivity is
> > fine ?).
>
> > It would really help if anyone can provide some input on this issue?
> > Thanks :)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment