Sunday, September 9, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Dungeons in-app billing test app cannot be found in Play Store


It does not say anywhere that your test accounts will be able to see and download the unpublished APK from within Google Play.

What you need to do is to install the APK manually (ie sideload) on your test devices, but once installed they will be able to access the payment system and products of the unpublished app.

William


On Monday, September 10, 2012 2:35:09 AM UTC+10, Escape Radius wrote:
I'm trying to test the in-app billing example, Dungeons and I'm confused about testing the app. I have complied the demo .apk, and uploaded it to my Developer Console. According to the documentation, my app should be identified as Unpublished draft apk v1.0 . It is listed as Unpublished, but is missing the " draft apk v1.0 " identifier in my  Google Play Android app listing  . Should this be listed as a draft, if so why is it not indicated so?  BTW: I have added two in-app products,  potion_001 &  sword_001 as instructed.

I have another app in the store, which users are able to download and use on their phones, so I am familiar with getting apps into the marketplace. What I don't understand, is how do you make available the unpublished test application. According to the documentation, I can specify a Test Account, with an email address. Then those individuals should be able to see the Dungeons app, download and install it, and make test purchases. I have placed my email as in the list of test accounts, however when I go to the play store, with my phone, I can only see the other apps I've published, not the Dungeons test app. So I'm a little confused here. BTW: I was able to run the Dungeons app on my phone via the Eclipse IDE. There I was able to make a test purchase android.test.purchase, refund etc.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment