Saturday, September 1, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Are Encrypt Opaque Binary Blobs (OBBS) supported?

I've read through the StorageManager docs pretty thoroughly and browsed through mkobb, obbtool, pbkf2gen, and vold code. I'm at the point now where I'll have to really dissect the processes both in the command line creation and how mounting the filesystem on the device works, which I think will take a bit of time (not sure that I want to invest this time at this point). Anyways, thanks for the response.






On Friday, August 31, 2012 2:27:26 AM UTC-7, Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM, JCEDDY <james...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else has this working? Since I can't find any
> documentation about the mkobb.sh and obbtool it's hard to know if there is
> something wrong in with my process of creating OBB files, if there's
> something in my environment that's not right, if its a bug in Android or
> encrypted OBBs are just not supported at this time.
>

I think this was never officially announced and as such is not supported.
Last I checked though (a while ago), relevant code seemed complete, so
it might work. Check vold and StorageManager for details and (maybe)
hints as to what the problem is.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment