Friday, May 3, 2013

[android-developers] Re: New to Android

You will want to put your code in a file called beta.java.


Then you can add this to your onCreate function:

                           

beta.main(null);

                           



Thanks.



On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:10:28 PM UTC-5, rlloyd wrote:
I have a java file that I would like to incorporate in to an android application. I'm not sure where in the code I put my java that I've made. I use Eclipse with the newest SDKs. Where in the following code am I supposed to input my code? Also, The code of mine takes input data, manipulates it, and gives back 5 data sets (words, letters etc.). How on the interface builder do I connect text boxes to use for input and output? I have used xcode before but I am completely lost with the JAVA and the whole android thing. I didn't think this would be a necessarily hard project though.

Code that appears with new project:

package com.example.f;

import android.os.Bundle;
import android.app.Activity;
import android.view.Menu;

public class DNA extends Activity {

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_dn);
}

@Override
public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {
// Inflate the menu; this adds items to the action bar if it is present.
getMenuInflater().inflate(R.menu.dn, menu);
return true;
}

}


My Code:

Begins with:

import java.util.Scanner;

class beta

{ //entire program brackets

    public static void main (String[] args)

    { //meat of program

            Scanner scan = new Scanner( System.in );


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment