Friday, April 25, 2014

[android-developers] Re: supporting multiple screen: issue in 8.3 inch tab

Hi,

Look in your Google Play Console to see if there is any crash reports.

Try adding code to your App to trap & email you details of any crashes, there are various libraries available to help you do this.

Regards




On Saturday, April 26, 2014 2:44:00 PM UTC+10, abhay_401 wrote:
HI,

I have developed an application which supports all mobiles and tablets.
But one of the user reported that the app is getting crashed after login when navigating to Homescreen.
The user ran the app in LG G Pad 8.3 inch size tablet. Here I have tested app in both 7" and 10" tablet but I didn't get any crash but its crashing in 8.3" LG G pad.
I don't have logs and tablet so that I could not be able to test or find root cause.

LG G pad resolution: 1920*1200 (hdpi and xlarge) and size is 8.3inch


Here in my app I used layout structure like this,
res/layout-sw600dp/main_activity.xml   # For 7" tablets (600dp wide and bigger)
res
/layout-sw720dp/main_activity.xml   # For 10" tablets (720dp wide and bigger
I am suspecting the issue might be due to any layout file, but I am not sure.
Can anyone suggest me what can be the issue. Do i need to include and specific layout folder or drawable folder under res folder to support 8.3". Usually from which it should pick layout files and drawable files for this 8.3 inch. 
I have read supporting mutilple screen article from developer site. 
Please guide me in this.

Regards,
Abhilash Baddam

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment