Monday, August 30, 2010

[android-developers] Nested layout problem

Hi,

Probably something really easy, but I am missing it and have been banging my head for a while now.

I created my own layout to partition the whole screen into a grid, so far so good -- using nested LinearLayout of a TableLayout was getting a bit messy for something really simple --
I can put buttons, textviews in every cell and it works just fine.
Now, when I add a LinearLayout in one of the cell, no child of that layout gets drawn on the screen.

When I check with the hierarchy viewer, it tells me the sizes of the children is all 0 (height and width). It does not matter really what I have for layout_width and layout_height.

For my GridLayout, I follows the same as FrameLayout by extending ViewGroup and override onMeasure (return the minimum between the size of the parent and the size of the screen) and onLayout.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Matthieu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment