Tuesday, August 31, 2010

[android-developers] Re: How do I create a background loop method

A partial wake lock will do the trick, except in that it places a
burden on the battery beyond normal operation.
Also heads-up that the System seems to like killing Services that
snooze.


On Aug 31, 4:19 pm, Laxs <oum.la...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a problem, I want to call a method every X minutes, if my method
> got a result it ´should inform the user by vibrating or showing a
> alertbox. if the method doesn't get a result it should wait for X
> minutes and restart.
> What is important, this should also work when the phone turns to
> sleep. Which means I want to wake the phone from sleep to run my
> method.
>
> Actualy I can activate my method via a Button, and it is working like
> I want it to be except the background loop thing.
>
> I already searching for a solution here in the group or also on google
> but I think I don't got the right search terms to find a solution for
> my problme.
>
> I already read about the AlarmManager and broadcast receiver but I'm
> not sure if this is right for my problem.
>
> I hope you could help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment