Monday, August 30, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Using Bouncy Castle with an Android app

By the way, the bouncycastle sources are currently in libcore:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/libcore.git;a=tree;f=security

On Aug 27, 3:55 pm, fba <chsoftwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone managed to use Bouncy Castle in one of their apps?   I need
> to be able to do detailed manipulations of x509 certificates (generate
> CSRs, generate key pairs, convert between different certificate
> formats, etc.), and BC seems the best way to do that.
>
> I have tried putting the bcprov library in to my project, and then
> just using BC like I normally would.   When the app is installed, a
> large number of "DexOpt: not verifying"... messages pop up.  I suspect
> this is because BC is already used in Android.  However, when I make
> calls to certain methods in certain classes, I get errors like this :
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERSequence
>
> I suspect this is because of ambiguity between the classes that are
> included in the OS, and the ones in my project.
>
> Is there any way to get around this?  Maybe tell my program to use the
> BC library that is included with it and ignore the one included in the
> OS?
>
> Or, could I get around this by making sure that I am using the same
> version that is included in the OS?   (Or, in a nutshell, is the
> ClassCastException likely to be a problem because the parameters
> defined for the same method names don't match?)
>
> Thanks for any help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment