Wednesday, February 2, 2011

[android-developers] Re: SmaliHook.java found on my hacked application.

Interesting.
Note the comment at the bottom of the class. This is the project its
referring to.
http://code.google.com/p/dex2jar/

There is nothing more annoying that a google search pulling up some
funky-monkey on a forum some place talking about how to crack your
app.
I don't mind the kids with no money using my apps for free... they
don't have money to buy it anyway, but I don't like that fecal-matter
heads who do it just to put one over one you. If the market would
support it, I'd even offer my stuff for free to that high school kid
with no credit card :)

The funny thing is that those crackers that are actually doing the
cracking are without doubt members of this forum. and although I
support their right to crack software, I don't support their right to
distribute it.


Anyway, I know DroidWall is a common tool for the crackers as well, to
prevent LVL from calling home.

I've been wondering if I can do true remote load of parts of my code
(serialize and load) so that a cracked app that can't call out will
simply not be able to run.

I've also been thinking about putting together a cross app library,
kind of like a neighbourhood watch thing. each app implementing it
could be watched for cracking by the other apps in the system.

I'm amazed at just how little research has gone into anti-cracking
techniques since Android became popular.


- Brill Pappin

On Feb 1, 3:41 pm, Moto <medicalsou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First, this is not a post to talk about how much pirating apps sucks etc...
> I just want to post what I found hackers using to unlock my application from
> using the Licensing Tools provided by Android.  Anyone have any clues how to
> prevent this particular hack? Anyone familiar with this particular hack?
>
> Please find attached the recovered file found when I decompiled hacked
> version of my application.
>
> Thanks!
> -Moto
>
>  SmaliHook.java
> 7KViewDownload

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment