Sunday, March 20, 2011

[android-developers] Layout help

Hi all. I'm struggling with a layout... would appreciate any
suggestions on how to handle this.

Basically, I have a list of objects. Each has attributes (like Name)
and an image. I want to display the objects in a gallery style,
allowing the user to scroll / fling from one item to the next.

The tricky bits I'm facing are:

- I want the gallery overall to sit within a static outer frame (i.e.
my main.xml), so that the gallery itself is not full screen.

- I want each item within the gallery to be controlled via its own xml
layout (i.e. the same layout applied to each item).

- I want only one item to be displayed at a time.

I've been playing around with various Gallery examples, but the items
merge into a row rather than being filling the enclosing parent. I've
also been trying the FlingGallery which has been posted here before,
but can't get that to work within an enclosing layout via xml file.

I'm sure this is simpler than I'm making it out to be - any ideas?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment