Wednesday, March 16, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Any ACTION_SCREEN_ON useable replacement?

On 16 March 2011 11:29, Marcin Orlowski <webnet.android@gmail.com> wrote:
My app shows some info in notification area and I wanted to update this info once screen gets on. While ACTION_SCREEN_ON looked promising it did not work at all so, as documentation is not helpful on this (when there will be option to add comments to the SDK documentation?!) I checked Android source to find out that this broadcast is for registered receivers only. Anyone got idea how could I sort that out w/o firing frequent alarm and other battery draining things?

I meant other approaches than registering receiver in code, which for some reason I do not want to do.

Regards,
Marcin Orlowski

Tray Agenda for Android

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment