Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How to turn on the sound in the Android Emulator?

In that case I would not know why you get no sound, because emulator
sound is on by default. I use no special settings. You could try
removing (or disabling in Windows Device Manager) all your sound cards
but one (while removing your earlier special -audio startup options),
but here I am only guessing...

On Mar 3, 8:25 am, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 AVD's available, both set on android 2.2 as the target.
> Both haven't got the snapshot chechbox checked...
>
> On 2 mrt, 17:06, blindfold <seeingwithso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Did you avoid checking the "Snapshot" checkbox while creating your
> > AVD, as mentioned in my issue 14953http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14953
> > ?
>
> > I just verified that for me it also affects API level 8: I get sound
> > upon the first run of a new API level 8 AVD with "Snapshot" checked,
> > but no sound upon subsequent runs after quitting and restarting the
> > emulator for this AVD. The caching seems to be causing problems with
> > sound (at least for me on Windows 7 64-bit).
>
> > On Mar 2, 4:26 pm, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'm not asking how to play a sound, just how to activate the sound on
> > > the Emulator, because I hear no sound at all...
>
> > > On 2 mrt, 13:09, Dixi <dixitwadhw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > create the raw folder in the layout folder and put the music file and
> > > > use the following code....
>
> > > >         MediaPlayer player;
> > > >         Intent msvc=new Intent(this,Music.class);
> > > >         startService(msvc);
> > > >             player = MediaPlayer.create(this, R.raw.se);   // se is
> > > > the name of music file which is placed in the raw folder
> > > >             player.setLooping(true); // Set looping
> > > >             player.setVolume(100,100);
> > > >             player.start();
>
> > > > On Mar 2, 1:57 pm, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > Bump...
>
> > > > > On 28 feb, 09:06, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > Anybody got an idea about this?
>
> > > > > > On 25 feb, 12:51, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > I don't think so... I use API level 8 to develop... So I doubt this is
> > > > > > > the issue...
>
> > > > > > > On 25 feb, 12:15, blindfold <seeingwithso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > You should be getting sound from the emulator by default on Windows 7,
> > > > > > > > but maybe issue 14953http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14953
> > > > > > > > affects you too?
>
> > > > > > > > On Feb 24, 11:03 am, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > > Hello all, I wonder how to turn on the sound in the Android Emulator?
> > > > > > > > > I've 2 headsets connected to my pc, but I can't seem to get sound on
> > > > > > > > > either of them (One is connected through USB, the other through a
> > > > > > > > > 3.5mm Jack). I've set the AVD I use to enable Audio Input & Output,
> > > > > > > > > and I have set the start-up option -audio "winaudio". But I still
> > > > > > > > > can't hear anything...
>
> > > > > > > > > I am working with Eclipse, and I'm running Windows7 32bit OS.
>
> > > > > > > > > I've searched all over the internet, but all threads (as cryptic and
> > > > > > > > > short they may be) all address to this issue on Linux systems...
> > > > > > > > > Haven't been able to find anything on Windows systems though.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment