Saturday, March 26, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Is it possible to slow system clock by an app? or it is a system bug?

If your app is running 100% CPU (ie, looking rather than waiting for
events) it's conceivable that it would affect the clock.

On Mar 25, 9:47 pm, San Zhang <dahua007...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a strange problem. On my Nexus One, since upgrading to Android
> 2.3.3, the system clock would be slowed about one or two minutes every
> day during running my app. The app is an alarm clock tool. I have tested it
> under both cases of running/stopping my app. It is obvious that it is
> related to my app. However, before upgrading to Android 2.3.3, the clock is
> very normal.
>
> My question is:
>
> 1. Is it possible to slow system clock by an app? In my knowledge, the
> system time is drived by hardware. It shouldn't be disturbed by an normal
> app.
> 2. If the answer is "Yes", what causes it?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment