Sunday, March 13, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Log every action/event to an external file

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.
I actually thought there was something to automatically log this
information, I read some project (Microlog for Android) but I must
have misunderstood. So basically what you're saying is that I'll have
to log every piece of code that I actually want to a internal file and
like this have posterior access to the information and I'll also be
able to just log the valuable information that I need instead of
everything that device might do, right?
I'll dig on this, thank you very much for your time.

P

On Mar 12, 7:43 pm, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Pedro Teixeira
> <pedroteixeir...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I'd like to store events like pressing buttons but also store the location
> > and orientation of the device while using my application as well as the time
> > between this actions.
>
> Stuff like this you'd have to have your own code to read the device
> settings. If you're hoping for some automatic way to log all this
> information, I doubt you're going to find it.
>
> > Is there any good approach for this? Was I clear or can I try and explain
> > in another way?
>
> You are free to create and write to files on your own app's space (or even
> the SD card) for logging purposes. I have a log class that not only writes
> to the LogCat in debug mode but generates an internal log that I can send in
> bug reports if and when the app crashes on user devices. It has been *far*
> more useful than the generic stack traces in the developer console in
> resolving issues that crop up in the wild. You just have to be careful about
> logging only what's actually useful and keeping the log file size to
> something reasonable for a mobile device.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
> TreKing <http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking> - Chicago
> transit tracking app for Android-powered devices

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment