Friday, March 25, 2011

[android-developers] Re: What exactly is the obtainBuffer in an AudioTrack?

Could anyone share their insights on this one?

On 22 mrt, 13:00, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On a side note, I am developing for Android 2.2 minimum. And I use a
> real device to test everything. I've stopped using the Emulator for
> sound related topics, as I never got the sound working in the Emulator
> at all...
> See a previous post on this:http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/threa...
>
> On 22 mrt, 12:56, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hmm, I'd rather solve it, as it is the only viable explanation left
> > for why I have delays in playing...
> > As I've said in my first post, I've tried playing with the buffersize
> > of the AudioTrack, but to no avail.
> > The only lead to a solution I have atm. is the warning, so I can't
> > ignore it...
>
> > On 22 mrt, 12:30, emymrin <emym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > how can I prevent (or at least minimize) the delay
>
> > > When AudioTrack object is created, buffer size is passed into a
> > > constructor among other parameters.
> > > AudioTrack won't start playing until you write at least that amount of
> > > data into it.
> > > I presume that in your case chosen buffer size is siginificantly
> > > larger than AudioTrack.getMinBufferSize.
> > > That's why it doesn't start playing when the first data portion is
> > > written.
>
> > > > famous obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) warning
>
> > > It appears to the worst in 1.5 emulator.
> > > Much better in Android 2+ emulator (shown maybe once per 4 seconds).
> > > I have never seen this warning when testing on a real device.
> > > My suggestion is to ignore it.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment