Monday, March 14, 2011

[android-developers] Read/Write Text File to shared folder on Windows computer on LAN

I am trying to develop an application that writes several lines of
text to a text file that is located on a windows computer on the same
LAN that the Android device will reside.

I downloaded ES File Explorer and can see the text file on the Windows
computer on the LAN that I want to read/write to but I do not know
what path to tell the Android app to write the text file to so that it
shows up on this Windows PC? I saw this article on read/write but
still am missing what file path to tell the app to read/write to:
http://huuah.com/android-writing-and-reading-files/

If there is a better way to do this than using ES File Explorer, I am
open to trying that as well. I have hit a brick wall and really need
some help on how to do this.

Thanks for your advice,
-Ben

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment