Saturday, July 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How to find available services in a bluetooth connected device

I am having exactly the same problem. I need to connect to a device
and the docs for it do not say anything about what profiles it
supports.. The device is paired, that was no problem, but I have no
idea what UUID the device supports.. Been through the Blutooth API a
few times, and since I'm on 3.1 I can use the latest. It must be there
I'm just missing it in the docs..

Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed..

-Charlie

On Jul 30, 7:03 pm, guich <guiha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to establish a connection between an Android device and a
> cell phone (this is my first test, in the real world, i'll be
> connecting to any device, like a printer).
>
> I was already able to discover the device, and now i'm trying to
> connect to it. However, i didn't find in the android API a way to
> retrieve the services available and their UUIDs, so i can communicate
> to each one separately.
>
> Is there a way to do this on Android?
>
> Just as a simple test i tried to use the SPP UUID but it failed to
> connect (yes, all devices have bt on and are discoverable).
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> regards
>
>      guich

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment