Friday, October 7, 2011

[android-developers] Re: aapt crashes with -v

I recently encountered the problem as well. Verbose logging pauses in the Eclipse Console every 7 seconds on my Windows 7 machine, so I wasn't able to get any error information other than "'aapt' error. Pre Compiler Build aborted."

After manually executing the aapt command from cmd prompt, I got the following information that lead me to this discussion:

...
trying overlaySet Key=gameplay_screen.png
trying overlaySet Key=gameplay_screen_bg.jpg
trying overlaySet Key=icon.png
baseFile zd has flavor (null)
overlayFile zd has flavor (null)

In my case, the last file was the one that happened to be duplicated in an imported library. After renaming my icon.png to app_icon.png in my drawables folder, aapt completed the build successfully with verbose logging enabled.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment