Monday, October 3, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Camera Orientation Issue

I may be mistaken, but for 2.1 specifically, most developers lock the camera to landscape for maximum compatibility across all phones.  This is true for the stock camera app, too.

I looked into this in the beginning of the year and most developers I had spoken to locked the camera preview in landscape.  It also seems the case with all of the camera apps that are out there that I've seen for 2.1.

For 2.2 (major camera API updates), and up, I'm not sure what your options are.

On Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:07:08 PM UTC-4, Chenna wrote:
Hi

I want to keep my camera in middle and place a top button bar and bottom button bar in my activity. I want to fix the activity in portrait mode. I need a support from 2.1 onwards. But each version is behaving differently. The method setDisplayOrientation() helps to display camera view normally instead of tilded view.

I am forced to use Camera in landscape mode. I added in my manifest orientation as landscape. In this scenario everything works fine. If i change t portrait to fix my activity in always portrait the camera i get camera in center properly but all my top toolbar and bottom toolbar displayed in landscape.

I want to use camera in landscape and place buttons in portrait. is there a way i can acheive this?

--
Thanks
Chenna

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment