Wednesday, October 12, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Google AdMob, Navigation and Galaxy S2

Nothing like answering your own questions. For posterity's sake, in
case someone else out there strikes this problem, the answer is
Samsung's location/security services. If the phone is allowed to talk
to the outside world to enable such things as remote destruction, then
every minute or so the device will try to talk to the outside world,
including google maps, and while its doing that it'll swap out
whatever it is that you're doing. Really annoying if you ask me. Every
app seems to suffer a little from it, some more than others (e.g.
Angry Birds sees only a blip, but other smaller devs see intermittent
black screens,etc while the egl context reloads).

Anyway, that's what it was.

On Oct 13, 6:46 am, vankirkc <christopher.vank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Additional note. Apparently this is a normal thing? I spun up some
> other games and they seem to go through the same cycle, but are able
> to handle it somehow without losing their EGL context. So I guess the
> question is, what is this, and what do those other guys know that I
> don't about how to get past this weirdness without losing my egl
> settings?
>
> On Oct 13, 4:41 am, Christopher Van Kirk
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <christopher.vank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone come across this yet?
>
> > On my SGS2, every minute or so my app cycles through its
> > onPause/onResume states, and I see the following line come up in the log
> > right in the middle of it:
>
> > 10-13 04:36:02.270: INFO/ActivityManager(2707): Starting: Intent {
> > flg=0x10000000
> > cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.googlenav.android.login.Android LoginActivitySdk5
> > (has extras) } from pid 19817
>
> > This only happens while I'm using an activity with AdMob hooks in it,
> > but the cycling is forcing my GL context to die and have to be rebuilt,
> > so I'd like to stop it somehow.
>
> > I've only seen this on theGalaxyS2, my older Desire doesn't do this.
> > Anyone know what this is, or how to stop it?
>
> > Cheers!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment