Thursday, October 27, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How to reactivate an older APK?

Not suggesting you could or should roll back what the user has
installed.
But would like to withdraw a bad APK so other users don't install it.

But as has been pointed out this is not possible without loading up
another APK with a higher version nr than any previous APKs.

On Oct 28, 1:13 am, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has always been this way, and it makes sense as you cannot "roll
> back"what the user has installed.
>
> On Oct 27, 11:08 pm, William Ferguson <william.ferguson...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I had exactly the same situation tonight.
> > It has to be a Market Console bug, otherwise what is the value of the
> > reactivate button.
>
> > On Oct 27, 3:40 pm, Dusk Jockeys Android Apps <duskjock...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Before I waste my time by asking Market Support, who as we all know
> > > are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, has anyone managed to
> > > successfully re-activate a previous APK in the Developer Console?
>
> > > I had a situation where I made an update last night, quickly realised
> > > there was a bug and wanted to rollback to the previous version. But I
> > > was unable to. When I deactivated the new one and tried to reactivate
> > > the older one it wouldn't let me, because the older one's Version
> > > Number was lower than the current one. Well, yes, obviously.
>
> > > In the end, I had to recompile my previous version with a newer
> > > version number, and release that as an "update". Mental.
>
> > > What is the point of a re-activate button that doesnt let you re-
> > > activate? Or am I missing something?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment