Friday, October 28, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Should I use the same certifcate for all my apps or a different one per app?

If you only release one app that will be available in both free and
paid version, then I see no advantage. If you plan to release other
apps, you could achieve the same effect by adding to your test checks
on the package names as well as on the certificate. So I still see no
need for multiple certificates, which makes your own key management
more tricky.

On Oct 28, 11:27 am, Ricardo Amaral <mas...@ricardoamaral.net> wrote:
> I suppose the documentation recommends one certificate per developer, so
> all apps belonging to someone, are, somehow, associated to that one
> developer. But I'm wondering if there is anyone out there using one
> different certificate per app and what are the advantages of doing so? If
> any...
>mm
> But that's not really the question I want to make. I'll be releasing a free
> and paid versions of my app and I'm opting for the method where the paid
> app simply unlocks full functionality. I'll be using the process described
> in a thread around these groups. Where you check for the certificates of
> both packages and see if they match. If they do, then the user has unlocked
> the "pro version".
>
> My question is about this specific situation. Is there maybe any reason I
> should use a unique certificate for these 2 apps? And if I release another
> free/paid pair in the same unlock model, I would use another certificate
> for those 2. I could then have another different certificate from the
> previous 2 for all other apps that do not use this unlock method or that
> are simply free.
>
> Is there any advantage in doing so? Or there is none and I should just use
> a single certificate for everything?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment