Monday, October 3, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: App crash report - InputChannel - could not read input channel file descriptors from parcel.

Thank you for sharing this information, William.

I'm not hung up on this being exclusively a Market issue, in fact, my point is, if it's a core platform bug, it's a very serious one, affecting large numbers of users and developers alike, and I hope it gets fixed.

However, a quick search in the public bug tracker didn't turn anything up.

I certainly know of ACRA, but can't use it in my currently published application because it doesn't have the Internet permission.

And that's beside the point anyway - seeing more reliable reports of crashes possibly caused by a core platform bug isn't going to make them go away.

--
Kostya Vasilyev

04.10.2011 2:22 пользователь "William Ferguson" <william.ferguson.au@gmail.com> написал:
> I've seen this kind of installation corruption happen with a dev
> deployment. So don't get hung up on it being a Market issue.
>
> I second TreKing's suggestion to use an external bug reporter. I think
> it's mandatory.
> I initially used ACRA with results sent to a GoogleDoc spreadsheet,
> but now use ACRA + BugSense which takes the pain out of collating
> crashes. And you will get all kinds of weird crashes that there is a
> good chance you will never reproduce.
>
> William
>
> On Oct 4, 2:07 am, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, thanks for sharing.
>>
>> But... package installation is presumably handled by the core OS, and
>> not the Market itself (or so we are told). Pretty amazing.
>>
>> 03.10.2011 19:23, TreKing пишет:
>>
>>
>>
>> > Yup. I don't have receivers, but I see this from time to time with my
>> > Activity classes, which are obviously clearly defined. I also think
>> > there is some corruption going on with the update process, as that is
>> > usually when I see this stuff.
>>
>> > And when users have weird issues I can't reproduce (strange things
>> > like not being able to connect to the internet when other apps work)
>> > an uninstall - reinstall fixes the problem most of the time.
>>
>> --
>> Kostya Vasilyev
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment