Tuesday, February 14, 2012

[android-developers] Superscripts + and - not displaying correctly

Greetings all -

I have been experiencing issues getting superscript and subscripts to
display properly in my app. The values come to my app as UTF-8 markups
of the characters. I have since started using Html.fromHtml(str) and
most of the markups are handled correctly. However, the superscript
for "+" and "-" are not displaying properly. Any thoughts on this?

Below are the values that I'm receiving and which are not being
displayed properly. They're just replaced with a little box.

minus sign : \u207b
plus sign : \u207a

The Android Devices and versions with this known issue are HTC Sense
is 2.3.4 and the HTC Sense version is 3.0. I have the same issue on my
emulator.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment