Monday, January 7, 2013

[android-developers] Implementing Simple Help Page

I'd like to implement a simple Help page for my widget so that my users
know all the tappable areas of the widget and what will happen when they
tap. What is the best way to do this?

Should I create an Internet-based web page and use an activity with a
WebView to display it? If so, any recommendations for where to host a
simple web page like this for free? All I need to is a Help Page; I'm
not looking to create a web presence for myself or my app (at least not
now).

Should I create an HTML page that is included as an asset in my APK and
display it myself? That certainly has drawbacks because it means that I
cannot update the Help Page without release a new version of the app. On
the other hand, it means I don't need to find a place to host the page.
If I do go this route, can a WebView be used to view an HTML page that
is resident on the phone?

Any recommendations or suggestions?

TIA!

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment