Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[android-developers] My app's log entries disappear

I'm working on an app that occasionally does updates in the background over the network.  I have it log things using Log.d, Log.i, etc so I can see what it's doing while out and around.

These log entries never last very long though.  It could run an update and then an hour later there aren't any entries in the logcat from it.  I know the update happened because I can see the results in the app, and I see log entries from ActivityManager launching my service when the update happened, but the logs posted from my app itself are gone.  Why does this happen?  Is there any way to fix it?

Android 4.1.1, rooted, aLogcat moved to be a system app so it can see all logs.

Thanks.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment