Thursday, January 10, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Backup Manager not working on HTC Desire running Android 2.2

Anyone?

Is there a better place to ask for help?

On Friday, January 4, 2013 10:11:28 PM UTC, Amy Phillips wrote:
I'm developing an Android app and would like to use BackupAgentHelper to backup my application data.  I have followed the instructions at http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/backup.html.  It works fine on my AVD emulator running Android 2.2, but not on my real phone.  On my phone when I uninstall and reinstall my app the data has gone. 

When I test on my phone (an Orange HTC desire running 2.2) I run
adb shell bmgr run
to make sure that the backup manager has actually backed up my data.  At this point in the logs I see
01-04 21:43:40.724: W/BackupManagerService(96): Requested unavailable transport: com.android.updater/.BackupTransportService
01-04 21:43:40.734: V/BackupManagerService(96): Backup requested but no transport available

So I think that my problem is there, but I can't figure out why I'm seeing that warning. 

Any ideas please?

Thank you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment