Friday, January 25, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Change Overscroll Glow Color in a theme

I have to amend my opening statement. This may not be an easy question.

I looked at several prominent apps with their own color scheme where Holo Blue is not one of the colors. Nonetheless, a blue glow did appear when overscrolling.

I looked at Amazon Kindle App, a rustic gray and orange color scheme. It showed the blue glow.

Then I looked at an app that is on virtually every Android device that is Google approved. This app had a different theme with a different highlight color depending on whether you were in the Movies, books, or Magazine context. Nonetheless, it showed a blue haze on all overscrolling, even if holo blue was not the highlight color.
That app is the Google Play Store.

So I have to revise my statement that I expected this to be routine. Instead, if you know the solution, you are an Android Style Guru worthy of my highest respect.

Otherwise, I will modify my thinking. I was thinking of this as an unwanted effect because Holo Blue is not one of my *App Colors*. Instead, I can think of it as normal because Holo Blue is one of the *System Colors*.

Nathan


On Friday, January 25, 2013 7:23:41 AM UTC-8, Nathan wrote:
I'll bet this is an easy question for those who are into styles and themes.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment