Friday, July 29, 2011

[android-developers] Confusion in Task and Back Stack

Hi,
Scenario : Application A ->(Containing) Activities - A1, A2, A3
Now all activities are floating Windows(not full screen), that is
having dialog theme. Now the current backstack is like
A1->A2->A3 (i.e. A3 on top home screen is visible since activities are
not full screen). Also each activity has close button which upon
clicking finishes the activity.
Now it placed such that i can see whole of activity A1, A2 and A3
(Since they are not full screen). Now with A3 on top of backstack I
click the close button of activity A2.
I see a home screen with A1, A3 on top. This seems normal behavior.

But if I keep A1 and A2 full screen and A3 and floating window that is
not full screen. Now Home screen is not visible. I click close button
of A2.
I see a Black screen with A3 on top. This seems abnormal.
Should it not generate the A1 with A3 on Top like previous scenario.

Please Help! what is happening.

Also, I need to see the part of Source Code of Android that handle the
different Activity Launching Intent Management, Task Handling. So that
I can easily to go the part of source code that would properly explain
which task any activity will go in. Please if somebody can guide me to
these files it will be a great help. And I promise to reveal my
findings in any.
Thank you

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment