Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[android-developers] how to force restart activity from intent

hello.
my MainActivity has the lauchMode="singleTask"

now I want to start the activity from a notification with special intent data.
in MainActivity#onResume I access the given intent data...

the problem is: When the activity already exists, and I click on the notification, the activity comes to foreground, but the method #onResume is not called and I cannot access the intent data.

I tried the flag FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TASK and this works for honeycomb but not for gingerbread.

This is how I start the activity from notification:
Intent intent = new Intent();
intent.setClass(this, MainActivity.class);
intent.putExtra("triggerid", triggerid); 
startActivity(intent);

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment