Saturday, July 16, 2011

[android-developers] How to lock current orientation at runtime?

Hi,

I'm trying to lock my activity to the current orientation to prevent
an orientation change from restarting my activity while I'm waiting
for a http response.

So I'm trying to use this:

setRequestedOrientation(getResources().getConfiguration().orientation);

And it works fine for portrait (orientation == 1), but when the device
is in landscape it's getting a value of 2 which ==

ActivityInfo.SCREEN_ORIENTATION_USER

And this doesn't lock the screen.

Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this instead of LANDSCAPE?
Any suggestions for a better way to lock the current orientation?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment