Friday, July 1, 2011

[android-developers] "Image Map Type" style Overlay in MapView

I have a website where I use the Javascript Maps API, and I use an
Image Map (http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/
maptypes.html#ImageMapTypes
) to display my custom tiles on top of a
map. These tiles use the tile/pixel coordinates as defined by Google
in that document. This works fine for the Javascript API.

To give a better in-app experience, I'd like to use a MapView, rather
than a WebView (or opening the browser) with the JS API. However, I'm
having a hard time getting the tiles to display properly in the
MapView. It doesn't seem to behave the same way as the JS API. I'm
not sure whether that's due to tile size, the projection used, or
something else, but I was wondering if anyone had done something
similar and could share some ideas or code on how to do this.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment