Monday, July 25, 2011

[android-developers] Issue with screen layout in 3.2

Upon the release of SDK 13, I tested my application against the new
version and was distressed to find that it was no longer laying out
properly in HC 3.2. I checked the documentation, found the new
compatibility mode and added the "xlargeScreens=true" element to my
manifest.

This did not correct the problem.

Even with the added tag, my application lays out exactly as if I had
not added the tag, although the compatibility button is no longer
present.

The specific problem is that a subview within my application should be
approximately 2 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall. Under versions 3.0 and
3.1, it lays out just this way. Under 3.2, however, in landscape mode,
the subview matches the height of the screen. In portrait mode, the
size of the subview is correct, but the children within it are not
positioned correctly.

How can I TRULY disable compatibility mode.

BTW, I also cannot get a cursor or highlight text in an edittext in
any version of HC even though I've specificly requested them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment