Monday, July 11, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How can I deny other apps to read my package signature?

Thanks for the warning and for the link, will check it out!

On Jul 11, 7:38 pm, Nikolay Elenkov <nikolay.elen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Richard <sa19791...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, but is there any way to be sure that it's the original package? I
> > use open key to encode data in my app so hacker never sees comparison
> > explicitly, but of course if he know my signature open key this
> > doesn't help. What can you advise? As I see Android does everything to
> > make all our efforts useless - even with ProGuard. Using several tools
> > everyone can open your package, almost restore source files,
> > resources, edit the code and compile again. Virtually no way to fight
> > against piracy.
>
> You can do stuff using native code and that makes it considerably harder.
> Whether you need to go that far is up to you/your app.
>
> > But I thought if I can check modifications, I'll have
> > the cure.
> > Do you happen to know is there a way to check package'sCRC?
>
> Popular tools will just replace the APIs you use to calculateCRC,
> etc., so it's not really a cure.
>
> Watch this for some ideas, especially the first part:
>
> http://www.google.com/events/io/2011/sessions/evading-pirates-and-sto...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment