Wednesday, July 20, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How many minutes (hours?) does the LVL hang on "Checking license"

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 08:05:56AM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:

> Anyways, I'm back to where I was last night. When my test account
> (my developer account) is set to "Not Licensed", I get an error
> saying that it's not licensed, and the app exits, as it should.

Correction: I am NOT back where I was last night. Now, it no longer
says it's NOT licensed, even when my test account says it's not.
It doesn't even appear to query it. It just hangs on "Check license"
forever.

Is there ANYONE on this list who knows anything about the LVL and
can help me solve this?

I've got the LVL (android-sdk/extras/google/market_licensing/library)
loaded in Eclipse and in my app per the instructions in the Dev
Guide. I've got the following:

public class DroidGrainDB extends Activity implements OnItemClickListener {

private static final String BASE64_PUBLIC_KEY = "....";
private static final byte[] SALT = new byte[] {....};
private LicenseCheckerCallback mLicenseCheckerCallback;
private LicenseChecker mChecker;

@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main);
String deviceId = Secure.getString(getContentResolver(), Secure.ANDROID_ID);

mChecker = new LicenseChecker(
this, new ServerManagedPolicy(this,
new AESObfuscator(SALT, getPackageName(), deviceId)),
BASE64_PUBLIC_KEY // Your public licensing key.
);

in my app, per the Dev Guide.

I've got the xml code in main.xml and strings.xml, without which the
license checker doesn't appear to run at all.

As far as I can tell, I've done everything the way I was supposed to,
but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | "My spell checker eloped with a wiccan
spooky130u@gmail.com | and I've not seen it since!"
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 > |
ICBM / Hurricane: | (from news.admin.net-abuse.email)
30.44406N 86.59909W |

Point Lobos Photography Set 1 (Photo-posters): http://jdgapps.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment