Sunday, July 24, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How to know what internal process runs an application

Thank you Mark for taking care to answer.

I have already thought of implementing it the straightforward way you
propose, but I think that this is not satisfactory, for the reasons I
have attempted to expose in my previous post.

I'm sorry, but your answer does not answer my requirements, and as I
stated, having to insert a line of code referring a static method
every where I need to make sure my application is initialized is for a
poor design, because I have something like 100 Activity classes in my
application (yes, this is a very big application), and I cannot
prevent from forgetting to insert the piece of code somewhere. I
prefer to have an interception design pattern, so as to circumvent
that issue. I'd prefer not to have to derive from abstract classes
neither.

If someone is eager to accept my requirements and propose a solution,
or simply state that there are no solution, I'd be very grateful.

I still do not understand why the Android platform does not expose the
"android:process" information at runtime when starting up a process,
because this is something declared in the AndroidManifest.xml, and
that it may provide valuable information for developers at runtime,
event if, yes, I understood, an application process is just an
anonymous container ;) In my opinion, it should not be that anonymous
when you explicitly state a value in the manifest, and I do not expect
to get the PID, just the declared "android:process" value, because
this is not an implementation detail, this is a structural
information.

Regards,
Édouard

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment