Saturday, July 16, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Install % not updating?

I've been having a serious reduction in sales since July 1st. For me
it is because Market search is horribly messed up.

My active install rate has been going up, but my ranking keeps falling
in search terms that I've dominated for a year.

Oddly though, I have moved up from about 170 to 159 in top paid apps
on the market. I'm kind of guessing that all of my immediate
competitors in that range are losing revenue too. If they were
staying the same, then I should be dropping.

Zsolt, I'm with you. This is my only income source, so I've been
swinging from fits of rage to depression.

I've been in contact with a product manager on the Market team, and he
keeps telling me that they are working on it, and I will see a fix
soon.

I've seen the crashes in Checkout too, but only with orders from Japan
that were cancelled by Google for invalid credit card information.

Jon F Hancock

On Jul 16, 12:09 pm, Adam Ratana <adam.rat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like the checkout thing seems to be crashing on orders that have been
> cancelled in a certain way, or something, not just the Docomo, it happens
> with some older cancelled orders now too.  They are clickable, so it's
> possible to move to archive (or back to inbox) on each crashed one to then
> see others.  A workaround, but not ideal though.  Checkout Orders Page
> completely crashes on Tablet and Phone browsers though, can only really see
> the checkout orders page from a desktop browser - haven't found a workaroud
> yet, if others can also report this issue if you encounter that, hopefully
> action will be taken soon.
>
> The market wackiness is a little frustrating, I'm small potatoes though; I
> can only imagine how it may be affecting people who depend on sales from a
> consistently working market.
>
> Adam
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:49:11 AM UTC-4, Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Adam Ratana <adam....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This seems to be happening again.  I also noticed the following:
> > > 1. App descriptions sometimes display in a random language on the
> > honeycomb
> > > market app (mine and others)
>
> > This is also happening on the new phone version of Market. 'What's new'
> > is displayed in one language, the description in another. Sometimes, if
> > you are lucky, both are displayed in the same language. The whole
> > silliness with reordering comments based on some unknown 'usefulness'
> > metric is also quite annoying: the top comments are sometimes months
> > old.
>
> > > 2. Google checkout seems to be crashing when particular orders are in the
> > > inbox or archive (for me it's some cancelled ones from Japan)
>
> > There was a problem with handling orders from Docomo yesterday
> > or the day before. I think it's fixed now.
>
> > > 3. There was a strange spike in the active installs of the free version
> > of
> > > my app, followed by an adjustment a day or two later, around the time
> > this
> > > issue first surfaced.
>
> > Those numbers depend on cosmic radiation and maybe solar flares.
>
> > > 4. Saw some doubling up of my screenshots, a small low-res version
> > followed
> > > by the standard one.
>
> > Was the same on the new phone version too, but it seems it's fixed now.
> > (for now?)
>
> > All in all, business as usual.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment