Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[android-developers] SQLite, CursorWindow, large datasets

I'm trying to find detailed information on how SQLiteCursor manages
large sets of data. I've read through the code but it isn't clear to
me.

Does anyone have any in-depth information on how exactly SQLiteCursor
behaves when working with a large resultset or one that would not
typically fit in memory? I'm specifically interested in how memory is
managed.

How is memory managed between sqlite and the Java bindings ?

There appears to be this concept of a window. When the current
position is about to go from one window to the next, does filling /
loading the next window happen on the UI thread?

I have a large dataset (30k) of items and would like to 'select *
from' this, but I have seen problems where users got errors saying
that the cursor could not grow in size. I have also heard when jumping
around in a large resultset, there can be lots of pauses.

However, I can't find any good information on how this really works.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment