Saturday, July 9, 2011

[android-developers] Update widget(s) after application changes

Hi,

I have an application that includes a couple of widgets. 
During development, I place the widgets on the homescreen of the emulator and start developing.

When I'm working in Eclipse, and I'm pushing a new version of my app to the emulator, I sometimes have the impression that the widgets are becoming "stale". 
Breakpoints that were on the widgets code don't appear to be active anymore (don't have the "v" marker), and the debugger doesn't suspend on them. When I remove the widget and I place it on the homescreen again, the breakpoint becomes active and the debugger starts suspending again.

Is that something you need to take into account when developing widgets ? Also, when I push a new version of my app on the market, and my users already had the widgets on the homescreen, are they advised to "refresh" them by removing / adding them again ?

Regards,
Davy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment