Saturday, July 23, 2011

Re: [android-developers] AndEngine - what is Mercurial?

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:19:15AM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:50:55AM -0700, rich friedel wrote:

> I'm checking out Angle right now. AndEngine's samples that WORK (in
> the installable samples APK) look great. The ones that force-close
> my phone, not so great....

I also looked at jmonkeyengine3, and a few others. One,
Alien[something]'s sample apk locked my Motorola Bravo HARD while
I was installing it. I had to open the phone and remove the battery
for a second---even the display off // power switch didn't work.

I did some reading in previous articles from this list, too.

I finally settled on libGDX. Nice feature: develop in Eclipse,
run in Eclipse as a Java application (no painfully slow, as in no
response after six or more hours, emulator to deal with, no hassles
having to build an apk file, hook up my droid via USB and thus dragging
my laptop down to a crawl, install, run from the phone, etc...).
Then, build as an Android app and test, etc., as usual.

And now, I have a lot to learn before I really get started on a
project. Maybe this one will do more than sit there. My brewer's
grain database app has taken me by surprise: I ONLY listed data
for 20 generic malts/adjuncts, where the real app has 297, and the
free app only points to the paid app for the rest of those. People
are installing and keeping the free app, and nobody has touched the
paid app. Amazing.

Later,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W
Point Lobos Photography Set 1 (Photo-posters): http://jdgapps.com
No, I'm not going to explain it. If you can't figure it
out, you didn't want to know anyway... --Larry Wall

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment